Jr. Client Services Representative, Operations
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
As a Jr. Client Services Representative at Blurb, you will be responsible for supporting customers that request a quote for orders above a specific unit volume or dollar amount. This support will include creating quotes, placing orders, following up with customers on their experience with Blurb, and sharing customer feedback as appropriate. You will work with customers in both the business and author channels, advising them on the value of working with Blurb and how to best use the Blurb tools and services.
- Managing multiple customers, projects and timelines, and understanding the processes of book printing, and being able to communicate that stuff to customers.
- Share with operations and other relevant departments customer stories, key customer introductions and challenges customers face.
- Understand and advise customers in the best way to approach and complete book projects with Blurb.
- Responsible for following up with customers for feedback after quotes are shared, projects are completed, and other key milestones.
- Responsible for sharing and reporting customer feedback to enhance the customer experience.
Other Job Functions:
- Contributing to annual team revenue goal
- Completing other projects as assigned by manager
Performance Measures (how your success will be measured):
- Achieve annual team revenue goal
- Respond in a timely manner to customer needs
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer needs and project requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong desire to help the customer while maintaining good business practices
- Knowledge of the book printing process, shipping/logistics a plus
- Knowledge of publishing distribution a plus
- Experience working with CRM platforms a plus
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You interact effectively and harmoniously with other people
- You are thorough and meticulous
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision-making
- You take initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, self-driven, ambitious and flexible
- Must work well independently and with a team
- And last, but not least, you radiate a positive attitude and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Company sponsored yoga and in-office massages
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.