Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world.
We are looking for a senior data engineer in our San Francisco office. This is a small dynamic group that requires the ability to see a solution from source, to the data warehouse and the final customer reports. Therole will require an individual that is comfortable translating senior staff and department business needs to actual deliverables. The engineer will require demonstrable skills working in the Cloud and traditional data centers. They will build dashboards using visual best practices to convey story within the data and deliver ad-hoc reporting to highlight business performance.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Ability to create and tune complex SQL
- Expert development skills in Python for Cloud and RESTful APIs
- Ability to create and work with complex shell scripts (Bash etc)
- Hands-on experience with schema and scalable data design
- Experience and in depth understanding of ETL development
- Experience with Agile methodology using Jira
- Experience with source control tools and healthy development guidelines (Github)
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco headquarters. Occasional work from home is an option.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.